Cartlow collects Customers’ personal information in order to provide and continually improve Cartlow’s products and services. Here are the types of personal information Cartlow collects:
- Cartlow receives and stores any information Customers provide in relation to Cartlow Services. Customers can choose not to provide certain information, but then Customers might not be able to take advantage of many of Cartlow Services.
- Cartlow automatically collects and stores certain types of information about Customers’ use of Cartlow Services, including information about Customers’ interaction with content and services available through Cartlow Services. Like many websites, Cartlow may use ” cookies ” and other unique identifiers, and Cartlow may obtain certain types of information when Customers’ web browser or device accesses Cartlow Services and other content served by or on behalf of Cartlow on other websites.
- Cartlow might receive information about Customers from other sources such as updated delivery and address information from Cartlow’s carriers, which Cartlow may use to correct Cartlow’s records and deliver Customers’ next purchase more easily.
Cartlow may use Customers’ personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that Cartlow offers the customers. These purposes include:
- Cartlow uses Customers’ personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with Customers about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Cartlow uses Customers’ personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Cartlow Services.
- Cartlow use Customers’ personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to Customers, identify Customers’ preferences, and personalize Customers’ experience with Cartlow Services.
- In certain cases, Cartlow collects and uses Customers’ personal information to comply with laws and regulations. For instance, Cartlow collects from customers and sellers’ information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Cartlow uses Customers’ personal information to communicate with Customers in relation to Cartlow Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Cartlow uses Customers’ personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to Customers. Cartlow does not use information that personally identifies Customers to display interest-based ads.
- Cartlow uses personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of Cartlow’s customers, Cartlow, and others. Cartlow may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Cartlow makes available to Customers services, products, applications, or skills provided by third-parties for use on or through Cartlow Services. Cartlow may also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses. Customers can tell when a third-party is involved in Customers’ transactions, and Cartlow shares customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third-party.
- Cartlow employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on Cartlow’s behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Cartlow releases account and other personal information when Cartlow believes release is appropriate to comply with the laws and regulations or protect the rights, property, or safety of Cartlow, Cartlow’s users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, Customers will receive notice when personal information about Customers might be shared with third parties, and Customers will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Cartlow always designs its systems and apps with Customers’ security and privacy in mind.
- Cartlow works to protect the security of Customers’ personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- Cartlow’s payment gateways follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- Cartlow maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Cartlow’s security procedures mean that Cartlow may ask to verify Customers’ identity before Cartlow discloses personal information to Customers.
- It is important for Customers to protect against unauthorized access to Customers’ password and to Customers’ computers, devices, and applications by not sharing passwords with others.
While advertising, Cartlow takes into consideration the below:
- Cartlow Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and applications. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about Customers when Customers interact with their content, advertising, and services.
- Cartlow provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve Customers with more useful and relevant Cartlow ads and to measure their effectiveness. Cartlow never shares Customers’ name or other information that directly identifies Customers when Cartlow does this. Instead, Cartlow may use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier.
Customers can access Customers’ information, including Customers’ name, address, profile information, and purchase history in the “Profile” section of the website and mobile apps.
If Customers have any questions as to how Cartlow collects and uses Customers’ personal information, please contact Cartlow’s Customer Service. Many of the Cartlow Services also include settings that provide Customers with options as to how Customers’ information is being used.
- As described above, Customers can choose not to provide certain information, but then Customers might not be able to take advantage of many of the Cartlow Services.
- Customers can add or update certain information on Cartlow’s website and mobile apps.
- If Customers do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please contact our Customer Service. If Customers don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust Customers’ notification settings in the device.
- If Customers do not want to see interest-based ads, please contact our Customer Service.
- The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell Customers how to prevent Customers’ browser or device from accepting new cookies or other identifiers, how to have the browser notify Customers when Customers receive a new cookie, or how to block cookies altogether.
- If Customers want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to Customers’ account, Customers may do so by logging out of Customers’ account and blocking cookies on Customers’ browser.
- Customers will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating Customers’ settings on the applicable Cartlow website, or mobile apps.
- If Customers are a seller, Customers can add or update certain information, update Customers’ account information, and adjust Customers’ e-mail or other communications Customers receive from us by contacting Customers’ account manager.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law and regulations, Customers may have the right to request access to or delete Customers’ personal information. If Customers wish to do any of these things, please contact our Customer Service. Depending on Customers’ data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Cartlow does not sell products for purchase by children who are under 18 years old. Cartlow sells children’s products for purchase by adults. If Customers are under 18 years old, Customers may use Cartlow Services only with the involvement of a adult guardian, or any parent.
If Customers choose to use Cartlow Services, Customers’ use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the United Arab Emirates. If Customers have any concern about privacy at Cartlow, please contact Cartlow’s Customer Service, and Cartlow will try to resolve it as soon as possible.